It is currently March 28th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Welcome
Welcome to Minute Man Dart Leagues Forums
***If your having issues with login, please delete your cookies and try again, this is a common problem*** - MMDL

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
To visit our main website MMDL.ORG

Post subject: Improving on improvement
PostPosted: May 8th, 2011, 8:55 am 
MMDL Player

I've been hearing from a number of Flight Schoolers who have been working with Flight School drills for a time now, and have improved their game significantly.
They are feeling an itch to improve on what they have been doing so they can see even more improvement.
This appears to be a phenomenon for Flight Schoolers and is a great thing - to a point.
A lot of Flight Schoolers enroll looking for a magic bullet that will improve their game rapidly but accept that there is no such thing as they begin working with Flight School. Now, after putting in the work, they do see improvement in their game and enthusiasm grabs them. They want more and begin looking around for something more to do, something to improve their improvement. They know better but can't help but respond to the excitement. All I have to do is remind them of the slippery slope of distraction that can be and they easily grasp the danger it represents.
These Flight Schoolers have been working with A2, mostly, and are reaping the benefits of their work. My job, delighfully, is to remind them that the path is long and they still have work to do, only this time the work takes the form of putting the stroke they have perfected with A1, A2 and A4 to use so they can make that step, that mystical step, up to the next level. There is no improving on their improving; only continued work.
I get to introduce them to what I like to call the PhD of darts - A3. More work! But this time they have a view of where they've come from, so can see more clearly where they may go.
My hope is that this group of shooters will have an affect on darts when/if they begin showing up in tournaments.

Report this post